Guide to Transportation Options for Older Adults in Montgomery County
This updated brochure includes various programs available for older adults in Montgomery County as well as important phone numbers.
- Transportation options for adults
- Travel training
- seniorCommunity and Upper Perk Coasters
- Transnet Senior Shared Ride Program
- Ages 65 and Older Reduced Fare Rides
- Ages 60-64
- HSDF Transportation
- Medical Assistance Transportation Program
- Driver Refresher Courses
- Montgomery County Aging & Adult Offices
- Local Senior Centers
- Transportation companies
Useful Links for Senior Transportation
- Montgomery County Office of Aging and Adult Services - The county agency responsible for the planning, coordinating and monitoring of services for county residents age 60 and older.
- TransNet - Specializing in small vehicle transportation for seniors, individuals with disabilities and low-income individuals.
- SEPTA Paratransit - Offers a variety of accessible services for persons with disabilities and senior citizens.
SEPTA Transit cards and TransNet cards - Seniors can make arrangements in advance to sign up for either or both transit cards. Free service provided by The Partnership TMA. Please call in advance at 1.866.507.4857 toll free and ask for Anthony.
The Partnership TMA has the following informational resources available to seniors
- Pedestrian Safety for Older Adults
- Preserving Independence through Transit - Senior Citizens' Mobility Programs
- SEPTA Senior Citizen Ride Guide
- Travel Training (learning how to ride public transportation)
Want to Become a Member?
Transportation issues are a vital part of our future. Membership in The Partnership TMA ensures that you, your company and your community will be up to date on the latest in transportation information.